[kictanet] Call for Submissions: New Study of Content Regulation in the Digital Age

Pauline Ambasa paulineambasa at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 19:56:19 EAT 2017

Interesting. I look forward to reading it.
Kind rgds,ambasa

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, September 23, 2017, 15:32, Francis Monyango via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

>From Prof David Kaye

"Private companies facilitate an unprecedented global sharing of
information and ideas. Social and search platforms in particular have
become primary sources of news and information (and disinformation)
for hundreds of millions of people. With that role they have also
become gatekeepers of expression that may excite passions and
knowledge – or incite hatred, discrimination, violence, harassment,
and abuse. Over the next year, I will study the impact of platform
content regulation on freedom of expression, and examine appropriate
private company standards and processes and the role that States
should play in promoting and protecting freedom of opinion and
expression online. My first set of findings and recommendations on
this subject will be published in my next report to the Human Rights
Council in June 2018."

https://freedex.org/2017/09/15/call-for-submissions-new-study-of-content-regulation-in-the-digital-age/

--
Francis Monyango

Lawyer | ICT Policy and Legal Consultant
www.monyango.com
0726792792