[kictanet] What does London’s Uber ban mean?

Admin CampusCiti info at campusciti.com
Sat Sep 23 10:37:42 EAT 2017

There's a concerted push against #BigTech the world over. I think we need
to step back. A few things need to happen:-

1. Big Tech needs to step back and interrogate this backlash against them
and strive to be more responsible Global Citizens. As Uber's new CEO put it
- There's a high cost to a bad reputation
<https://www.recode.net/2017/9/22/16352700/uber-ceo-dara-khosrowshahi-memo-disappointed-london-decision-ban>
.

2. Regulators the world over need to stop this sort of knee jerk reaction
and engage Big Tech in meaningful dialogue.

3. Consumers need to step back and demand accountability from both industry
and government. Because let's be honest - alot of the so called bad
behaviour from Big Tech is perpetuated by the very governments that are
supposed to keep them in check.

Ali Hussein

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 4:29 AM, WANGARI KABIRU via kictanet <