[kictanet] KICTANet's new website: Call for comments

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Oct 19 12:35:26 EAT 2017

I like the website. I am looking at migrating some of my sites to
WordPress myself (the wp-admin folder access hack sounds very useful).

Looking at security surrounding the website  - I see you are using
"Let's Encrypt" - that's very cool.

As I'm into DNS/DNSSEC & IPv6...

You should consider using DNSSEC. Would that not be a good example to
the Kenyan and the general African community?
I'm aware that "or.ke" is currently not (no longer) signed - but a
little pressure on Abdalla at kenic... ?  ;-)
You could then add DANE - so the Website Certificate can be verified via
the DNS, and even add some CAA records as well to the DNS...

@    IN    CAA    0 issue
letsencrypt.org                                     ; This site only
does Let's Encrypt Certificates
@    IN    CAA    0 iodef mailto:dns-admin at kictanet.or.ke
<https://www.kictanet.or.ke/>            ; Whom to notify if anything
else chosen

Lastly - when is IPv6 coming? I see no AAAA records.
Thought Cloudflare supported IPv6 pretty much everywhere?

On 12/10/2017 22:55, Liz Orembo via kictanet wrote:

> Dear listers,
>
> Greetings,
>
> KICTANet has just finished working on the first phase of the new
> website  and would now like to invite you to give
> comments/suggestions. Especially on how it can serve as an ICT policy
> engagement platform and as an Information resource for stakeholders.
>
> Here's the link: https://www.kictanet.or.ke/.
> <https://www.kictanet.or.ke/> You can send your comments either
> on/offlist, or on the website itself.
>
> KICTANet owes a lot to the brilliant team that worked on this website
> (Amos Ochieng from pixels Kenya, Barrack Otieno, Mike Musya and
> Washington Odhiambo) Special thanks to Washington who developed and
> maintained the old website from the early days of the network.
>
> As always, we thank you for your continued feedback and we hope you
> will enjoy the new look and feel.

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496