[kictanet] KICTANet's new website: Call for comments

Michael Pedersen michael at pluspeople.dk
Thu Oct 19 10:26:22 EAT 2017

For those who have asked here is the more technical details of how I set
this up (It's really just a quick hack).

1. inside the wp-admin folder I have a .htaccess file which forbids
access from almost every IP - something similar to:

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 41.212.36.170

2. Within the main web-root I have a file (see attached php code) in
this example it's called "kictWP.php". When I need access to the admin I
then simply goto http://www.mydomain.com/kictWP.php  - enters my
"secret" password - this then updates the .htaccess file so wp-admin can
be accessed from my curent IP.

Thats it really..

Regards
Fundi-Mike