[kictanet] KICTANet's new website: Call for comments

Michael Pedersen michael at pluspeople.dk
Wed Oct 18 11:47:29 EAT 2017

I agree with George's sentiment on wordpress security - I have had the
(un)pleasant experience of helping/cleaning several wordpress setups
which had been hacked.

That said I am sure the pro's and con's was considered when the choice
of CMS was made.

In my experience many attacks on wordpress is targeted on the /wp-admin/
folder, and making that inaccessible to all but explicitly white-labeled
IP's seems to remove a lot of grief.

I am personally running only one wordpress installation which has no
(customer) critical data and hosted on a separate hosting setup. On that
setup the admin can on be access from one specific IP - but you can
access a custom (non wordpress based) system to change the current
allowed IP to whichever IP you are currently on.
It takes 30seconds extra to login/access the admin but in my opinion it
reduces a lot of problems.

..
Mike