[kictanet] Democracy After Facebook

anyega jefferson jeffersonanyega at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 11:33:22 EAT 2017

https://aeon.co/essays/the-end-of-a-world-of-nation-states-may-be-upon-us

Nation-states are unlikely to collapse overnight. There are no barbarians
at the gate. Even Rome did not collapse in a day. But it evolved during a
time of industrialisation, centralised ‘command and control’ bureaucracies
and national loyalty. Modern technology tends in the opposite direction:
it’s distributed, decentralised and uncontrollable. If our political
arrangements are a mirror of the modes of production and assumptions of the
time, the future doesn’t look rosy for this 19th-century relic. It looks
far brighter for the modern, connected, agile city, whether that’s on land,
on borders, or out in the ocean. And anyway: doesn’t it pay to have some
experiments going on, just in case?

--
Anyega M Jefferson

jeffersonanyega at gmail.com

0703824326

Start where you are,use what you have and do what you can.