[kictanet] THE ITU STATE OF BROADBAND REPORT 2017: BROADBAND CATALYZING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT

Olive Metet ometet at cohesion.or.ke
Sat Oct 7 16:16:27 EAT 2017

Dear Grace

this is noted

Kind regards

Olive C Metet

From: "Grace Githaiga via kictanet" <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
To: ometet at cohesion.or.ke
Cc: "Grace Githaiga" <ggithaiga at kictanet.or.ke>, kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
Sent: Saturday, October 7, 2017 1:17:23 PM
Subject: [kictanet] THE ITU STATE OF BROADBAND REPORT 2017: BROADBAND CATALYZING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT

Paul

Here is the correct link. My apologies. I must have deleted the 'f' at the end by mistake.

https://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-s/opb/pol/S-POL-BROADBAND.18-2017-PDF-E.pdf

Best regards

Githaiga, Grace

On Saturday, 07-10-2017 at 11:25 Paul Kukubo wrote:

Cant access the link.

Kindly repost.

Paul Kukubo
Mobile South Africa +27 817068466
Mobile Nairobi: +254 717180001

twitter: @pkukubo

On 7 October 2017 at 00:22, Grace Githaiga via kictanet < kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke > wrote:

BQ_BEGIN

Listers

This ITU State of Broadband Report 2017 might be of interest to some of you.

Broadband technologies are driving substantial transformation in different sectors and are accelerating achievement of the SDGs. Other advances in science, technology, and engineering such as big data, the Internet of Things (IoT), Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS),sensor networks, automation, computational modelling, machine learning, Augmented Reality (AR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) will also contribute to economic and social welfare worldwide. These advances are becoming increasingly common place in the workplace, public spaces and homes, and of increasing interest to policy-makers. As these technologies continue to develop, stakeholders from academia, industry, government and civil society should all contribute to discussions on their potential policy implications, and encourage growth through policy environments that support research,competition and innovation.

https://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-s/opb/pol/S-POL-BROADBAND.18-2017-PDF-E.pd

Best regards

Githaiga, Grace

Co-Convenor
Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
Twitter:@ggithaiga
Tel: 254722701495
Skype: gracegithaiga
Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
www.kictanet.or.ke

"Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged and come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.

BQ_END

Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com