[kictanet] Privacy and Email Providers

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 08:55:05 EAT 2017

On 10 November 2017 at 23:03, Francis Gesora via kictanet <

> Don't know if this makes sense, but if you try sending an email on gmail,
> with the word "attached" in your email body, gmail will always hold on
> sending and propose that you consider whether you want to attach a file.
> This seems a bit unsettling, does this mean email providers actually peruse
> the content of the emails prior / during sending?
>
> I know we agree to terms, but doesn't it go against privacy policies?

Did you really "agree" to the terms? I think we need to define "agree". You
cannot "agree" with something that you've not understood. So when you
clicked "Yes" on the T&Cs, you actually gave a blanket consent to
everything, including those that you don't agree with :-)

>From where I sit, the only privacy I think people remain with is that of
their passwords - so far. Everything after you've authenticated is not
private.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,