[kictanet] Registering ICT practitioners

James Maina jameskmaina at hotmail.com
Tue May 30 20:43:45 EAT 2017

Hi all

Just think, why is Trump removing regulations in the US to drive growth?

In this case, Complaints can simply be dealt with contractually  in advance by standardizing ICT contracts? Also, which specific regulation is this? is it the ICT practitioners law?  and lastly, what is the true motivation behind the regulation - is it to drive CA income by opening up new sources of recurrent revenue?

In my opition, registering does not mean any standards are met. Specifically, in this notice there is no bar set on quality of service expectations for ICT service providers and consumers, making this law a simple document any entity can apply and get without improving any service to the consumer. To make matters worse, what benefit is there for service providers to comply? Surely a rule has to be beneficial to both parties....

I too am amazed by the amount of regulation coming through on ICT in Kenya

What we need in ICT is a service like Tandaa was in the previous administration...something that promoted ICT innovation at the grassroots with ZERO regulation...the result of which we had many young IT players come up with innovative concepts and business plans...and i think they just need more GUIDANCE not REGULATION

GA should learn from iHub and sponsor such centers across the country - like a huduma center for ICT .

Best Regards

James