[kictanet] Local Funding

James Maina jameskmaina at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 14:07:54 EAT 2017

How about starting(or linking me to an existing one) a private sector investment group meant to be an angel fund for Kenyans funded by Kenyans? I think Kenyans in diaspora  such as myself would be interested in proper investment vehicles with solid returns.

Given that a Kenyan would express his idea in Swahili to a fellow Kenyan and win his confidence better than trying to explain to a foreign based German or US investment banker who doesnt have a clue until he becomes an expat locally...it makes sense to self-fund.

What Kenyan enterpreneurs need to learn is to network and pitch properly locally/diaspora  and  Kenya investors need to learn to be angels to fellow Kenyan enterprenuers (as the word was intended to mean).

Best Regards

James