[kictanet] Local Funding

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Mon May 29 09:23:44 EAT 2017

Dear Listers,

With permission from an upcoming software entrepreneur (: born after  this
"Wise Owl" already had an ID :)

"Was talking to some investors my age sometime this year, they had to talk
to an investor in England to advise them about investing in a Kenyan
solution for a problem he didn't understand as he is based in the UK. They
shared the response and apparently they took every word he said as Bible
truth."

The software entrepreneur also provided me with this link

https://medium.com/@sankara_/its-time-to-fix-the-startup-funding-landscape-in-kenya-68aba60a45d7

My response:

Essentially, we need to deal with corruption in our society, not rely on
foreign funding. It does not help, most of our local youth worship
foreigners.

The nations ranked worst by Transparency International, do not build up and
consequently trust their own talent and firms.