[kictanet] Anti-Shutdown Policy and Human Rights

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu May 25 12:42:28 EAT 2017

Waudo,

As we have stated as the authors – we KNOW the punitive measures in the policy are flawed and draconian – and we don’t expect the policy to pass in it’s current form.  What we want from this policy is to generate more and more debate until we come up with ways that WILL work that don’t have the same level of collateral damage.  The policy in the form it is in is meant to generate discussion and debate to finding the real solution – and without putting anything in there – the debate would never have gotten to where it is now.

So yes, we know the current policy is flawed – but we are hoping as time goes on and the debate rages that we will find solutions that will have the same effect and these shutdowns will end.

Andrew