[kictanet] Powering our culture, the M-PESA way!

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at kictanet.or.ke
Sat May 13 10:54:30 EAT 2017

Listers,

Beyond a tech outlook, there is also a cultural perspective. Read on!

Along with our medal-hauling athletes and the urban folklore
of_matatu_art, let us celebrate M-Pesa at 10 as a core part of Kenyan
culture. Not because cell phones ever featured in the lives of our
ancestors, but because we infused the giving and sharing spirit of our
forefathers and grandmothers into a modern platform of communication.
We reconfigured new digital spaces with age-old practices that allow
us to perform our love, to live up to our obligations, to coin new
idioms, to exchange value(s), and to build our industries.
https://newsroom.safaricom.co.ke/m-pesa-in-60-seconds-mpesaat10-niyanguniyetu/
[1]

Best regards

Githaiga, Grace

Co-Convenor
Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
Twitter:@ggithaiga
Tel: 254722701495
Skype: gracegithaiga
Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
www.kictanet.or.ke

"Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged
and come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my
ability to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.

Links:
------
[1]
http://https://newsroom.safaricom.co.ke/m-pesa-in-60-seconds-mpesaat10-niyanguniyetu/