[kictanet] Do we need a legal framework for online dispute resolution in Kenya?

Alvin Gachie gachiea at gmail.com
Tue May 9 12:24:41 EAT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

In 2016, I approached some of you on this list to participate in my study
on the 'Legal Framework for Online Dispute Resolution in Kenya.' You
agreed, and indeed your participation was essential to the successful
conclusion of my Masters' Thesis, titled 'An Evaluation of the Need for
Regulation of Online Dsipute Resolution (ODR) in Kenya' in December 2016,
now available online!

Please click on this link or copy and paste the link in your browser to
access the *abstract*: http://erepository.uonbi.ac.ke/handle/11295/98426

Please click on this link or copy and paste the link in your browser to
access the *full thesis*:
http://erepository.uonbi.ac.ke/bitstream/handle/11295/98426/Gachie_An%20Evaluation%20Of%20The%20Need%20For%20Regulation%20Of%20Online%20Dispute%20Resolution%20%28ODR%29%20InKenya.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

I am also pleased to let you know that a paper I prepared, based on my
research, was published in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Journal by
the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya Branch) in its January 2017
issue! The full citation for this text is: Alvin Gachie, ‘Do we need to
regulate online dispute resolution in Kenya?’ 5 Alternative Dispute
Resolution Journal 1 (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Kenya Branch
2017) 189.

Please click on this link or copy and paste the link in your browser to
access the full text of the *journal*:
http://www.ciarbkenya.org/assets/volume-5-issue--one--dummy.pdf

I have attached a Pdf version of the journal article, for your reference
and use.

Once again, thank you very much for offering your insight on the
interaction between technology, law and dispute resolution, without which
putting together this research project would have been impossible. Feel
free to share this email and the attachment with your networks, and
contacts who you feel would be interested in discussing this subject. I
would be happy to discuss further opportunities to engage in this area, or
other areas you may recommend.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Alvin Gachie