[kictanet] Risks to Safaricom outstrip mere business - we should be concerned

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at kictanet.or.ke
Tue May 2 11:23:41 EAT 2017

Last week Safaricom, the largest mobile service provider in East and
Central Africa, suffered a serious disruption to its services.

Myguessabout how Safaricom’s exclusive success story might present a
huge risk to the Kenyan economy came to pass.

No doubt Safaricom, the mother of the legendary mobile money service
M-Pesa, has brought accolades to Kenya, both here and abroad and we
hope it continues to do so.

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/2274560-3910726-7oojsx/index.html
[1]

Best regards

Githaiga, Grace

Co-Convenor
Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
Twitter:@ggithaiga
Tel: 254722701495
Skype: gracegithaiga
Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
www.kictanet.or.ke

"Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged
and come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my
ability to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.

Links:
------
[1] http://Last week Safaricom, the largest mobile service provider in