[kictanet] KCB cited for software piracy - Business Daily

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Mar 30 10:10:33 EAT 2017

Listers

Interesting development. Potential precedence setting.

The High Court has stopped KCB Group from using a banking IT platform following a multi-million-shilling lawsuit where the lender is accused of software piracy.
Nagalakshmi Solutions Ltd (NLS) obtained orders stopping KCB from using its banking software after the lender continued using it despite terminating the five-year contract in November.
Judge Fred Ochieng also ordered KCB, Kenya’s largest bank by assets, to uninstall the software that works together with its core banking application and barred the listed lender from developing a similar IT application.
Read on:-
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/KCB-cited-for-software-piracy/539550-3870220-b7e92lz/

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad