[kictanet] How to get a personal VPN and why you need one now — Quartz

Timothy- Coach- Oriedo timoriedo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 02:01:38 EAT 2017

Soon every mistake you’ve ever made online will not only be available to
your internet service provider (ISP) — it will be available to any
corporation or foreign government who wants to see those mistakes.

Thanks to last week’s US Senate decision and yesterday’s House decision,
ISPs can sell your entire web browsing history to literally anyone without
your permission. The only rules that prevented this are all being repealed,
and won’t be reinstated any time soon (it would take an act of Congress).

You might be wondering: Who benefits from repealing these rules? Other than
those four monopoly ISPs
<https://medium.freecodecamp.com/inside-the-invisible-war-for-the-open-internet-dd31a29a3f08>
that
control America’s “last mile” of internet cables and cell towers?

No one. No one else benefits in any way. Our privacy (and our nation’s
security) have been diminished so a few mega-corporations can make a little
extra cash
.

https://qz.com/945261/how-to-get-a-personal-vpn-and-why-you-need-one-now/?utm_source=qzfb

Timothy Oriedo