[kictanet] Internet use barriers and user strategies: perspectives from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and Rwanda

Moctar Yedaly YedalyM at africa-union.org
Wed Mar 29 14:54:54 EAT 2017

Good stuff
Thanks

From: kictanet [mailto:kictanet-bounces+yedalym=africa-union.org at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf Of Margaret Nyambura Ndung'u via kictanet
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:32 PM
To: Moctar Yedaly <YedalyM at africa-union.org>
Subject: [kictanet] Internet use barriers and user strategies: perspectives from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and Rwanda

Sorry listers.... Appropriate subject line....

Listers, Mozilla and IDRC funded a research "Internet use barriers and user strategies: perspectives from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and Rwanda"<http://www.researchictafrica.net/home.php?h=205>. The research was part of a country comparative study conducted in South Africa, Nigeria and Rwanda with a specific focus on use of subsidised data.    Data was collected in November 2016.   Attached is the comparative report for your possible interest.

An emerging issue from the research was digital literacy project viewed from the parents' perspectives.   http://researchictafrica.net/ria_rap/2017/03/27/parenting-in-the-age-of-digi-schools-in-kenya/.

We are working on a detailed report per country which we shall share.

In the meanwhile, read and disseminate as you give us feedback.

Rgrds,
Nyambura

See www.researchICTafrica.net<http://www.researchICTafrica.net> for most recent policy research papers