[kictanet] Media and Academia Fellowship Opportunities in ICT4D, OpenData, Human Rights

Juliet Nanfuka juliet at cipesa.org
Fri Mar 24 11:04:22 EAT 2017

Greetings all,

I trust this finds you well. I would like to bring to your attention some
opportunities we have open at CIPESA.

As part of the *CIPESA-ICT4Democracy Fellowship Programme* – we are
offering media and academia fellowships. The aim is to nurture university
students’ and early career media
<http://cipesa.org/2017/03/apply-for-the-cipesa-ict4democracy-fellowship-programme-media/>
and academics
<http://cipesa.org/2017/03/apply-for-the-cipesa-ict4democracy-fellowship-programme-academia/>’understanding
of ICT for governance, human rights and development. The programme benefits
partners of the ICT4Democracy in East Africa network through placements of
individuals with skills in fields such as ICT, mass communication, and
informatics, within the partner organisations. Ultimately, the programme
aims to grow links between the academic community and practitioners in the
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) field for mutual research,
learning and knowledge exchange, so as to create the next generation of ICT
for democracy and ICT for human rights champions and researchers.

See more about each of the fellowships below. Please note that applications
close on 1 April 2017.

   - Media Fellowship
   <http://cipesa.org/2017/03/apply-for-the-cipesa-ict4democracy-fellowship-programme-media/>
   - Academia Fellowship
   <http://cipesa.org/2017/03/apply-for-the-cipesa-ict4democracy-fellowship-programme-academia/>

Our partner, *Defend Defenders,* also has an exciting opportunity for an
experienced Project Lead to work on DATA4CHAN.GE, an initiative that aims
to build the capacity of Kenyan, Ugandan and Tanzanian human rights
organisations to collect, analyse, and visualise data.
See more about the post here.
<https://www.defenddefenders.org/2017/03/job-opportunity-data4chan-ge-project-lead/>

Please note that applications close on 31 March 2017.

Kind regards,
Juliet

*See our report: State of Internet Freedom in Africa 2016
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=225>| #InternetFreedomAfrica*

*Juliet N. Nanfuka*Mobile: +256 (0) 773 949 345 |Office: +256 (0) 414 289
502
@ChewingStones
*Collaboration on International ICT Policy in East and Southern Africa
(CIPESA)*
Plot 156-158 Mutesa II Road, Ntinda | Kampala, Uganda
www.cipesa.org | @cipesaug <https://twitter.com/cipesaug> |
https://www.facebook.com/cipesaug