[kictanet] Alex Mutuku: Computers and Cybercrime Bill

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:50:01 EAT 2017

Assuming that Alex Mutuku managed to siphon KES 4B from KRA (and perhaps
some from NTSA and any other govt computer system), I am at that point
where I have to ask what is the role of the Govt ICT Services (there is a
body like that, yes?) or it is that KRA/NTSA/Other govt agencies run their
own ICT Services without a central coordinating agency that standardizes on
procedures/policies?
If it's true that there was this heist at KRA, then I see no reason not to
suspect there are (will be) other heists in other govt agencies, hence my
question.

Secondly, I remember about the  Computers and Cybercrime Bill 2016. I think
it was shelved, or maybe just gathering dust somewhere, or was it
ultimately signed into an Act? Did it become law and so forms the basis
upon which Alex Mutuku is being charged??

During the Ndemo days, I would expect to get a comprehensive response to
the two questions above in just a few hours. In this era Sammy
Itemere+Victor Kyalo, it's just so silent. Maybe a policy shift in the
Ministry.

Okay, what happened to the Computers and Cybercrime Bill? :)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,