[kictanet] Safaricom dominance report proposes an impractical solution

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 09:26:19 EAT 2017

Yes. I agree with the proposal for interoperability. In my mind, Safaricom
communication services and M-PESA are different services. Requiring that
one subscribe to the first (Safaricom network) to access the benefits of
the second (M-PESA) amounts to tying. This also applies to a lot of the
M-products that run exclusively on that platform.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> In other words - Interoperability?
>
> Ali Hussein

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:36 AM +0300, "Job Muriuki via kictanet" <
>
> We might be looking at this Safaricom dominance issue wrongly. Let
>> Safaricom run mpesa but have the exclusivity to safaricom numbers removed.
>>
>> On 10 Mar 2017 15:01, "Watila Alex via kictanet" <
>>
>>> the question a regulator should ask is - is the dominant player abusing
>>> it's position? so in what ways is safaricom abusing thier dominant position?
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>>> <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>
>>>
>>> On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 at 10:44, kanini mutemi via kictanet
>>> <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>>> ailman/options/kictanet/awatila%40yahoo.co.uk

>>> ailman/options/kictanet/muriukin%40gmail.com

> mailman/options/kictanet/kaninimutemi%40gmail.com

*Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.