[kictanet] Bank Done Different

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Mar 15 15:45:02 EAT 2017

Mbugua

Indeed. CBALoop is interesting. Took it for a spin last night. And I can't say I was disappointed. And not in a good way.

The problem with banks entering the digital space is that they then want to do several things:-

1. Leverage on a Technology Stack that is only fit for the 1970s mainframe thinking.
2. Transfer their ideas of customer experience from the branch to the digital platform. We all know how that will turn out..
3. Are encumbered by a regulatory environment that hasn't updated its tools to deal with the Mobile Only Customer.
4. Still want me to go to the branch to activate the 'Mobile Bank Account' and receive my physical debit card. What's up with that?

All in all it's not about the platform - digital or otherwise. It's about changing mindsets from within first. It should be easy since your customers are already digital and mobile first. And increasingly only digital and mobile.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad