[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Shine The Light on March 8th!

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:44:44 EAT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lia Kiessling <kiessling at isoc.org>
Date: Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:56 PM
Subject: [Internet Policy] Shine The Light on March 8th!
To: "internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org" <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Dear All

Happy International Women's Day! It seemed like yesterday we launched
our #ShineTheLight campaign dedicated to closing tech's gender gap.

The UN's theme for IWD2017 is Be Bold for Change - so we've chosen to
celebrate women who are, sometimes in the face of great adversity,
working to make the Internet a safer, more trusted place for all.

We've got loads of content going out for this campaign - starting with
a great piece in the Huffington Post Blog from our Senior Director of
Global Internet Policy, Constance Bommelaer.  It gives great context
to the issue.

·         Not Backing Down: Women Across The Globe Fighting To Make
The Internet Safe

Here are some more posts you can share

·         Medium

·         Twitter

·         Facebook

And over the course of the day, we'll be posting on our social media
accounts sharing stories and tweets of these women and the women
people around the world chose to tag as part of this campaign.

If you have someone you'd like to #ShineTheLight on please do! We are
using the hashtag #ShineTheLight and #ShePersisted alongside the
#IWD2017 tag.

See you all on the Internet and have a great International Women's Day!

Lia