[kictanet] Invitation to Nairobi Innovation Week 2017

Mwololo Waema Tim timwololo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 10:27:36 EAT 2017

Dear Listers,

You are most welcome to the Nairobi Innovation Week being held next week
from 6th to 10th March. More details can be found on:
http://innovationweek.co.ke/

I am specifically also inviting you to a panel discussion on the National
Innovation Policy on Thursday 9th at 11.40 am, for which I am the
moderator. Details of this panel are shown below.

*Panel 4: Kenya’s Innovation Policy*

There is an STI policy which is still in draft form and which was the basis
of the STI Act. The Act created the necessary institutional framework and
almost all the institutions are operational. There is also visible
innovation work going on in various ministries. What are the key elements
of the policy framework that we need to create? How do we create this
policy framework? How do we re-arrange the existing institutional framework
for more effective coordination, while ensuring collaboration and
exploitation of synergies?

*Moderator *

   - Prof. Timothy Waema, UoN

*Panelists*

   - Julius Korir, PS, State Department for Investment and Industr
   <http://www.industrialization.go.ke/index.php/top-management/principal-secretaries/state-department-for-investment-and-industry>
   - Eng. Victor Kyalo – PS, ICT and Innovation
   - Dr. Salome Gachu – Ag. CEO KENIA
   - Dr. Jemimah Onsare – Ag. CEO NRF
   - Nicholas Nesbitt, Country General Manager, IBM East Africa
   - Louis Otieno – Microsoft Africa

Kind regards,

T. Mwololo Waema | Professor of Information Systems | School of Computing &
Informatics | University of Nairobi | PO Box 30197-00100, Nairobi |
@timwololo