[kictanet] Facebook's Express Wifi is Now Live in Nairobi

Admin CampusCiti info at campusciti.com
Fri Mar 3 06:30:54 EAT 2017

Hi Tim

Is this the same as Internet.org?

I think Airtel has been running this program with Facebook for sometime?

This issue of Net Neutrality and how Multinationals like Facebook and Airtel engage in Africa is definitely a contentious issue. The arguments for and against are numerous. I myself have come to one conclusion:-

That the Net Neutrality question is very emotive and each region must work towards the optimal tools on how to navigate it. This list has talked about Net Neutrality for many years. I think it's time this country and Africa really engage with government (The CA in the Kenya) on what the official position is.

Reaching out to Rachel. What is the CA's position on this?

Ali Hussein
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113 / 0770906375

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad