[kictanet] Safaricom dominance report proposes an impractical solution

John Kariuki kariuki_jn at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 20:28:20 EAT 2017

WaluHaving seen your comments I have no comment yet until the report is made public.
However,the most important determination  would be a declaration of dominance in whatever market segments.That is a major admission of market failure under competition law as applied to ICT sector and  this would be a significant finding. The remedies proposed to deal with the matter may require other considerations by the regulator rather than rely on a single consultant report.It is like in medicine where DIAGNOSIS is just one very important part but determining the most suitable TREATMENT may require a team of doctors of varying specializations.  John Kariuki