[kictanet] PRE KIGF ONLINE DISCUSSIONS DAY 4 -FINTECH ECOSYSTEM IN KENYA

Francis Monyango monyango93 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 11:01:59 EAT 2017

Morning,

Fintech seems to be technical but because we are all involved in it one way
or another, we definitely have lessons and opinions on what needs to be
done.

*1. Is the business environment in Kenya conducive for FinTech business?*
*My answer would be yes. Yes because our internet penetration levels are
really high compared other African states. Keeping in mind how mobile money
has also picked up, there is definitely a conducive environment for
fintech.*

*3. Have banks finally caught on FinTech with their solutions?*
*Banks have not really caught up but they are trying to blend their
products with technological solutions. The wake up call seems to be when
interest rates were capped.*

*4. How will bitcoins & block chain technology affect the market?*

*Crypto currencies such as bitcoin have started being hyped by block chain
enthusiasts. However, the moment CBK will recognise it, it's true effect
will be seen.*

On 30 Jun 2017 08:24, "Rosemary Koech-Kimwatu via kictanet" <