[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] European Commission decides to fine Google for abusing dominance as search engine

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Jun 28 11:20:46 EAT 2017

Barrack

This is an interesting one and brings us to the core of the problem that in my humble opinion the Global Internet Giants are facing. And this is:-

1. At what point should public good and social responsibility be sacrificed at the alter of the next Investor Briefing?

2. Should the world trust them to do (always) good?

The European Union clearly believes that they cannot be trusted.

My sense is that I think there is no easy answer. The truth is probably one that can be found in between..It's a grey area..And like most things the market (probably helped along by Regulators) will eventually vote with their wallets and eyes..

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad