[kictanet] PRE KIGF ONLINE DISCUSSION DAY 1 - INTERNET SHUTDOWNS

Francis Monyango monyango93 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 13:42:00 EAT 2017

Hey listers,

I think we need to know what government officials mean by 'things
getting out of hand.'

I find shutting down the internet or social media to be such a
'scapegoat move' in the sense that it does not address why elements in
the state do not feel like part of the social fabric that forms the
nation their in. The fact that people in government quarters have been
heard mentioning it means it is something they have thought of at some
point. It would have been better if they concentrated in creating a
nation state where there is little fear of inter-ethnic electoral
violence.

--
Francis Monyango

Lawyer | ICT Policy and Legal Consultant
www.monyango.com
0726792792