[kictanet] Ethiopia turns off internet nationwide as students sit exams | Technology | The Guardian

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Jun 2 03:38:03 EAT 2017

Ethiopia has shut off internet access to its citizens, according to reports from inside the country, apparently due leaked exam papers for the nation’s grade 10 examinations.

Outbound traffic from Ethiopia was shutdown around 4pm UK time on Tuesday, according to Google’s transparency report, which registered Ethiopian visits to the company’s sites plummeting over the evening. By Wednesday afternoon, access still had not been restored.

Read on:-

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/31/ethiopia-turns-off-internet-students-sit-exams?utm_campaign=digest&utm_medium=email&utm_source=app

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad