[kictanet] M-AKIBA SMSes: Is Safaricom sincere on innovation?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Jul 27 16:26:08 EAT 2017

Wangari

You have raised an important point.

Permission Marketing is becoming a critical issue in the era of more
awareness on privacy. Most major companies have clauses in their Terms and
Conditions that specifically state that they can market to you products and
services from partners. I suspect this is the clause they are using to
market the M-Akiba product.

It's important for companies to differentiate between spam and a genuine
marketing message. The problem with that is that its a very thin line. In
the era of Mass Customization and Targeting its super lazy (and detrimental
to their brands) for Telcos to just send out an email/SMS blast.

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:18 PM, WANGARI KABIRU via kictanet <