[kictanet] China Disrupts WhatsApp Service in Online Clampdown - The New York Times

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Jul 24 03:54:26 EAT 2017

SHANGHAI — The last of Facebook’s major products that still worked in China was disrupted by the government on Tuesday, as Beijing broadly tightened its controls over the internet.

The product, WhatsApp, a messaging app used across the globe, was partly blocked by Chinese filters, leaving many unable to send videos and photos and some also unable to send text-based messages.

Read on:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/technology/whatsapp-facebook-china-internet.html?em_pos=large&emc=edit_dk_20170718&nl=dealbook&nlid=65658228&ref=headline&te=1

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad