[kictanet] 21 WhatsApp groups spreading hate identified - Daily Nation

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Jul 18 07:08:25 EAT 2017

Listers

This conversation goes on.

Can these groups and the content they are spreading be named so that Kenyans can know what this is all about?

As I said yesterday, let's also ensure that the obvious perpetrators are brought to book. It shouldn't be hard to discern the truth and prosecute those who are found guilty of spreading hatred.

And as the authorities do this they must exercise utmost transparency and caution lest Kenyans start questioning the real motives behind this concerted effort to curb Kenyans right to expression. As I have said before as Kenyans we need to know one thing:-

What is wrong offline is also wrong online. I'm not sure why we are making a distinction on this issue. Last time I checked the Penal Code hasn't changed.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/21-WhatsApp-groups-spreading-hate-identified/1056-4018322-ix7vff/index.html

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad