[kictanet] Fwd: Kenya Shifts To Smart Driving Licences - Kenyan Wallstreet

Grace Mutung'u nmutungu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 10:44:42 EAT 2017

Hi Coach,
Thank you for the piece.

I have seen pictures of the smart licence circulating on social media. It
would be great to know more about this, for instance, how it actually
works, the data privacy measures, what information will be available to
traffic officers, how citizens can get their data corrected etc. Do you
have access to this information?

I agree with you about the smart licenses being developed in a silo but
until we have a data protection framework in place, I will not be too eager
about data sharing.

Regards,

kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>:

> Listers,
>
> Whereas this is a bold move by NTSA towards digitization, i feel we are
> missing a bigger opportunity of digitizing our National ID cards and
> integrate the Driving Licence, Educational Qualification, Health records,
> KRA tax records and even Election and Travel documentation into one
> seamless document.
>
> I note that the new design is a chip and PIN that is a repository of
> Biometric information that is the common denominator in most documents.
> There is need for intra-government collaboration to ride on the crest of
> emerging technologies and deploy services to citizens with forward looking
> solutions and efficiencies.
>
> http://kenyanwallstreet.com/kenya-shifts-smart-driving-licences
>

> *Timothy Oriedo *
>
> *Executive Coach and Data Scientist*
>
> *Strathmore Business School*
>
> *timothy.oriedo at predictiveanalytics.co.ke
> <timothy.oriedo at predictiveanalytics.co.ke>*

> mailman/options/kictanet/nmutungu%40gmail.com

Grace Mutung'u
Skype: gracebomu
@Bomu
PGP ID : 0x33A3450F