[kictanet] Invitation to fb's open house

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 8 09:25:34 EAT 2017

Listers

Some of you have emailed about being unable to access the link to the fb's open house event. Please try again here:

https://splashthat.com/sites/view/openhousenairobi.splashthat.com

[http://d24wuq6o951i2g.cloudfront.net/img/events/id/281/2812315/assets/fa1.TownHall_Nairobi_Email.png]<https://splashthat.com/sites/view/openhousenairobi.splashthat.com>

Open House, Nairobi<https://splashthat.com/sites/view/openhousenairobi.splashthat.com>
splashthat.com
17.30 - Registration, Coffee & Networking18.00 - Open House19.10 - Drinks and Canapes As more and more communication takes place in digital form, the full range of public conversations are moving online — in groups and broadcasts, in text and video, even with emoji. These discussions reflect the diversity of human experience: some are enlightening and informative, others are humorous and entertaining, and others still are political or religious. Some can also be hateful and ugly. Facebook is an open platform for all ideas, a place where we want to encourage self-expression, connection and sharing. At the same time, when people come to Facebook, we always want them to feel welcome and safe. That’s why we have rules against bullying, harassing and threatening someone.At this Open House, we hope to answer your questions about how we define hate speech and our approach to removing it — as well as some of the complexities that arise when it comes to creating community standards at a global scale. Ebele O

Grace Githaiga

Twitter: @ggithaiga

Skype: gracegithaiga

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga