[kictanet] Poor show by IEBC: Data Protection in year 2017 and the case of raw voter registration data

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 08:51:43 EAT 2017

@ Githaiga, I concur with you on the Techies. They are a great resource in many areas we are "short in" and especially here in the Counties as we move to phase 2.0 of devolution - so please rudi nyumbani before we make a bad situation worsened.
I also do not buy into the notion that the Government people are "rookie" - I suspect they went to the same schools and professional bodies (and if not, back to point no 1).
Inasmuch as here I am yet to understand why @ Kivuva is on fire, I appreciate what he is trying to say which is NOT an issue specific to IEBC, haya ni mazoea and not an IEBC issue. The blame aka responsibility lies right here with the internet community that should have been (and be) the public eye.As a government agency, it is not only IEBC that has this open unlimited public access information .
Befriend an Airtel, Orange, Equitel, MPESA or other agent today, ask to photocopy their manual booklet - perhaps try. Even as you transact to sign off, you can take a good picture of the pages they use with consent of not, from how they handle the booklets.
Children should not be screened without parental approval. We have this in mainstream media, even kids taken court which is a NO NO??
All in all, it might be a good place to start on this while speaking to the right body. I suspect this goes back to the Ministry of Information - the Acts and Statutes that should govern and how adherence is ensured.
I am not sure privacy has a definition any more in respect to where we have allowed ourselves to go. But there is always room for recovery.
Be blessed.
Regards/Wangari ---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".