[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] ISOC statement on recent travel bans

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:24:39 EAT 2017

Listers,

FYI

Regards

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alejandro Pisanty <apisanty at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 09:25:56 -0600
Subject: [Internet Policy] ISOC statement on recent travel bans
To: ISOC <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Hi,

this statement by Kathy Brown is out, related to the recent and evolving US
travel bans:

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

[image: Internet Society]
<http://link.isoc.org/hostedemail/email.htm?CID=36997012715&ch=BFD2CCAFDB1E0D8ED6A1B044E9185BA4&h=2ec3ebf694f660a534db116ad374095a&ei=7F413ybnN&schema=echo4#>

Dear Colleagues,

As a global organization with trustees, employees, chapters and members all
over the world, we are deeply troubled by actions taken by the U.S. on
Friday that placed immediate and unprecedented bans on entry to the United
States of citizens and refugees of seven majority-Muslim countries.

Not only will the purported bans place an unwarranted burden on people in
our organization, it is an anathema to the Internet Society whose values
rest firmly on a commitment to an open, globally connected community
dedicated to the open, global Internet. We are encouraged by the countries
who have rejected the U.S. action this weekend and by the human rights
organizations that have stood in solidarity with countless refugees and
travelers who were so abruptly halted in entering the U.S.

We are watching developments; I will keep you updated as we know more.

Kathy Brown

President/CEO
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty