[kictanet] Time sensitive: Accreditation for Election Observer Group to Observe the Electoral Process

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:13:55 EAT 2017

Election observers are basically neutral, impartial and non-partisan
individuals or groups, distinct from party agents, who are present to
witness the various stages of the election process. They independently
monitor elements of the electoral process such implementation of legal
frameworks, process of registration, preparation, voting, counting and the
determination of results etc., and thereafter, report on what was witnessed.

Yes, you can observe where you vote, and other locations too.

In addition to what has been shared, do read through the links below for
more information -

1. Key concepts & standards in election observation:
http://democracy-reporting.org/newdri/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/dri-mm-bp_52_domestic_election_observation_2015-01.pdf

2. Global principles for election observation:
http://www.venice.coe.int/webforms/documents/default.aspx?pdffile=CDL-AD(2012)018-e

Regards,

*Victor Kapiyo*

Advocate of the High Court of Kenya & Commissioner for Oaths
*Suite No. 8, Centro House, Westlands, Nairobi*
*Office Tel: 020 440 4410; Cell: 0721 847 178 *
*“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude” Zig
Ziglar*

On 25 January 2017 at 15:33, S.M. Muraya via kictanet <