[kictanet] The Final Days of Obama’s Tech Surge

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 08:07:08 EAT 2017

Blessed Monday!
The coordinated tech community must've brought a lot of synergies together and whether the unit is dismantled or not with the new regime, the (skills) experiences are retained and may even be borrowed by other industries and nations.
This is certainly possible.
With the IFMIS discussions and other large scale ICT ventures (even roads), fingers seem to be pointing all over the place except back to us the nationals (as creators of the solution) in being responsible to make our country work.
The citizen political goodwill must also be very high. To bargain for what appears as high level experimental budgets. This brings to mind Kenya Vision 2030 priority projects.
Even for Kenya for public-centric ventures to work in the long haul such as healthcare for all, the top offices need to own all the parameters "pet projects" from minute service provision to the digital end.

Blessed day.
Regards/Wangari---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".

    On Monday, 23 January 2017, 6:46, Ali Hussein via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

 Listers
Good morning. This is an interesting read of how a President can inspire a whole nation and particularly Government to re-invent itself when it comes to using IT for Service Delivery.
>From Obamacare to the Pentagon; from Immigration Services to The Internal Revenue Authority the team now popularly known as the United States Digital Services (USDS) parachuted into various government departments and sorted out major problems using simple tools like Agile Project Management and Cloud Computing. Saving millions of dollars and availing critical G2C services to Americans.
The team comprised Googlers, Amazonians, Microsofties and other tech giants who sometimes simply took a leave of absence to Serve.
Here's an example to emulate.
Read on:-
https://backchannel.com/the-final-days-of-obamas-tech-surge-864b9bf60d34#.x08g8an7w
Have a lovely week ahead.
Ali HusseinPrincipalHussein & Associates+254 0713 601113
Twitter: @AliHKassimSkype: abu-jomoLinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad