[kictanet] Data Protection and Privacy: Kenya’s communications authority to monitor private talk and texts during poll

June Tessy june.tessy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:02:35 EAT 2017

Listers,

And I quote, 'We have spent Sh1.1 billion on a spectrum monitoring system
that will help us monitor unauthorised broadcasts coming from rural areas
of the country," he said.

"We have also spent around Sh600 million on a social media monitoring
system and Sh400 million on  a device management system that will help us
closely monitor mobile phones and the activities around them," said Wangusi

Read more at: <
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000229727/communications-authority-to-monitor-private-talk-and-texts-during-poll>
as well as <
http://www.techweez.com/2017/01/13/ca-social-media-monitoring-election-report/