[kictanet] KISERO: Kenya’s corruption tsars have perfected looting through Ifmis - Daily Nation

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Jan 9 23:59:23 EAT 2017

On 10 January 2017 at 00:04, Douglas Gichuki via kictanet
<kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
> Retract nothing.
>
> Call it how you see it. And if people take offence, well too bad. I am a
> advocate and just the other day we were protesting attempting to reclaim our
> very black bar from the disgrace it had become. With notably few exceptions,
> corruption, incompetence and a lack of dedication to duty permeate almost
> every sector of Kenyan life. These issues are systemic and I cannot imagine
> that the rot and incompetence in bar- bench circles has antiseptically
> avoided the ICT sector.

I am with you Douglas.

We saw an Attorney General with a PhD say “The failure of the
electronic system is almost guaranteed, because that is the nature of
the electronics.”

and a former respected Cabinet Minister say "We are at war with
al-Shabaab who are known to interfere with communication systems. The
Ministry fully recommends a manual backup system," .... "I support
full electronic process in future but we also need a back-up. We need
an optional system," he said.

You wonder what will change in the future ... or the candidates will
be different?

These statements belong to the birds. Tragedy is they were made by smart people.
Smart people who have been hijacked by vested interests. The case of
who pays the piper calls the tunes.