[kictanet] KISERO: Kenya’s corruption tsars have perfected looting through Ifmis - Daily Nation

Douglas Gichuki dgichuki at strathmore.edu
Mon Jan 9 23:04:42 EAT 2017

Baiju,

Retract nothing.

Call it how you see it. And if people take offence, well too bad. I am a
advocate and just the other day we were protesting attempting to reclaim
our very black bar from the disgrace it had become. With notably few
exceptions, corruption, incompetence and a lack of dedication to duty
permeate almost every sector of Kenyan life. These issues are systemic and
I cannot imagine that the rot and incompetence in bar- bench circles has
antiseptically avoided the ICT sector.

Regards,

On Jan 9, 2017 9:33 PM, "David Otwoma via kictanet" <

> Ngigi,
>
> This guy Baiju is spot on when he writes "If you want ethics and integrity
> then let's award government jobs on merit and not who you know and what
> personal relationships exist, bring transparency to the whole. Can we do
> that?"
>
> We should upgrade from talking about colonialism to talking of
> neo-colonialism with our own black skins  treating us badly, worst case
> point being the Riek Machar vs Silva Kir in our neighbourhood. There is an
> old book, written before I was born which has this quote "The leader
> pacifies the people. For years on end after independence has been won, we
> see him, incapable of urging on the people to a concrete task, unable
> really to open the future to them or of flinging them into the path of
> national reconstruction, that is to say, of their own reconstruction; we
> see him reassessing the history of independence and recalling the sacred
> unity of the struggle for liberation. The leader, because he refuses to
> break up the national bourgeoisie, asks the people to fall back into the
> past and to become drunk on the remembrance of the epoch which led up to
> independence. The leader, seen objectively, brings the people to a halt and
> persists in either expelling them from history or preventing them from
> taking root in it."  https://www.marxists.org/
> subject/africa/fanon/pitfalls-national.htm
>
> Close at home let us call a spade a spade and interrogate how our ICT
> bodies have CEOs and other heads along what Baiju asks.
>
> In energy where I am more conversant the same scenario is repeated as what
> is happening in ICT.  We have village boys sitting on both PS positions
> with a clueless CS shuffling in between. So we have "Kenya Power has
> restored supply to parts of Nairobi and Mount Kenya regions, with Eng Tare
> saying efforts were being made to restore supply to the Coast region."
> http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Nairobi--Mount-Kenya-and-
> Coast-region-hit-by-blackout/539546-3510776-14wpp7hz/index.html
>
> As if that is not enough the 5,000+ MW addition is having to stay in the
> back burner and the diesel generators will be back. Hear "CS Keter said the
> thermal stations are now account for 18 per cent of the power produced in
> the country. He expects this to further go up to 24 per cent in the coming
> months as the drought bites, which would mean further decline in the
> contribution of hydro electricity."
> Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/
> 2000229172/demand-setback-now-puts-kenya-s-mega-power-plan-
> on-the-back-burner
>
> So Ngigi, please go slow on Baiju along the race card and let us address
> the issue he raises i.e. "If you want ethics and integrity then let's award
> government jobs on merit and not who you know and what personal
> relationships exist, bring transparency to the whole. Can we do that?"
>
> David

> David Otwoma, PhD
> [...]

*Note: *All emails sent from Strathmore University are subject to
Strathmore’s Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here
<http://www.strathmore.edu/en/email-policy> to read the policy.

"Visit our Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/StrathmoreUniversity>Page and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/StrathU>Account".