[kictanet] KISERO: Kenya’s corruption tsars have perfected looting through Ifmis - Daily Nation

David Otwoma otwomad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:32:17 EAT 2017

Ngigi,

This guy Baiju is spot on when he writes "If you want ethics and integrity
then let's award government jobs on merit and not who you know and what
personal relationships exist, bring transparency to the whole. Can we do
that?"

We should upgrade from talking about colonialism to talking of
neo-colonialism with our own black skins  treating us badly, worst case
point being the Riek Machar vs Silva Kir in our neighbourhood. There is an
old book, written before I was born which has this quote "The leader
pacifies the people. For years on end after independence has been won, we
see him, incapable of urging on the people to a concrete task, unable
really to open the future to them or of flinging them into the path of
national reconstruction, that is to say, of their own reconstruction; we
see him reassessing the history of independence and recalling the sacred
unity of the struggle for liberation. The leader, because he refuses to
break up the national bourgeoisie, asks the people to fall back into the
past and to become drunk on the remembrance of the epoch which led up to
independence. The leader, seen objectively, brings the people to a halt and
persists in either expelling them from history or preventing them from
taking root in it."
https://www.marxists.org/subject/africa/fanon/pitfalls-national.htm

Close at home let us call a spade a spade and interrogate how our ICT
bodies have CEOs and other heads along what Baiju asks.

In energy where I am more conversant the same scenario is repeated as what
is happening in ICT.  We have village boys sitting on both PS positions
with a clueless CS shuffling in between. So we have "Kenya Power has
restored supply to parts of Nairobi and Mount Kenya regions, with Eng Tare
saying efforts were being made to restore supply to the Coast region."
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Nairobi--Mount-Kenya-and-Coast-region-hit-by-blackout/539546-3510776-14wpp7hz/index.html

As if that is not enough the 5,000+ MW addition is having to stay in the
back burner and the diesel generators will be back. Hear "CS Keter said the
thermal stations are now account for 18 per cent of the power produced in
the country. He expects this to further go up to 24 per cent in the coming
months as the drought bites, which would mean further decline in the
contribution of hydro electricity."
Read more at:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000229172/demand-setback-now-puts-kenya-s-mega-power-plan-on-the-back-burner

So Ngigi, please go slow on Baiju along the race card and let us address
the issue he raises i.e. "If you want ethics and integrity then let's award
government jobs on merit and not who you know and what personal
relationships exist, bring transparency to the whole. Can we do that?"

David

David Otwoma, PhD
Chief Scientist,
National Commission for Science Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI)
Utalii House, P.O Box 30623-00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Safcom tel: +254 722 141771,
Orange tel: +254 (0)20 2346915,
email: otwooma at gmail.com & otwoma at uonbi.ac.ke
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000614284149
http://www.nacosti.go.ke
&
Chairman,
Eastern Africa Association for Radiation Protection,
http://www.eaarp.org/

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Ngigi Waithaka via kictanet <