[kictanet] Zuckerberg appears to admit Facebook is a media company

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Jan 4 19:26:37 EAT 2017

Harry

You raise pertinent issues. What you allude to is known as Runaway
Capitalism <https://hbr.org/2012/01/runaway-capitalism> - As in the pursuit
of Return on Equity as a measure of Value Creation above all else. Things
are changing however. We are now seeing Major Corporates and Governments
worldwide stepping back and tampering this destructive form of Capitalism.
Governments are starting to measure their citizens Gross National Happiness
<http://www.grossnationalhappiness.com/articles/> ( a term coined by the
King of Bhutan in the early '70s) and Corporates are embracing 'Doing Well
by Doing Good'
<http://www.mckinsey.com/industries/social-sector/our-insights/doing-well-by-doing-good-a-leaders-guide>
Ethos.

Ultimately this world will be better off by embracing this new thinking.
Ultimately those who don't will be dealt with by the customer because
customers are now demanding not only better services and experiences but
that companies also be responsible corporate citizens.

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Harry Delano via kictanet <