[kictanet] We're living through the first world cyberwar – but just haven’t called it that | Martin Belam | Opinion | The Guardian

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sun Jan 1 00:38:08 EAT 2017

Listers

The job of the historian is often to pull together broad themes and trends, then give them a snappy title that people will easily recognise and understand. That’s how we end up with labels like “The decline and fall of the Roman Empire” or “The Rise of Hitler and the Third Reich”.

As someone who studied history, I’ve had this lingering curiosity about how historians of the future will view our times. It is easy to imagine textbooks in a hundred years with chapters that start with Reagan and Thatcher and end with the global financial crisis and called something like The Western Neoliberal Consensus 1979-2008.

Read on

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/30/first-world-cyberwar-historians

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad