[kictanet] As Facebook and Google collect more data on Africans, their governments will seek to exploit that — Quartz

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:56:49 EAT 2017

Hi Esther,

Well put. It is my prayer and hope that the incoming members of
parliament will prioritize Data Protection Laws and requisite legal
frameworks that will support the information economy. We have a very
narrow focus at the moment when it comes to data protection and
privacy since we look at it from the lenses of individual rights i
think when we start highlighting the impact of some of this omissions
on the countries Information economy and by extension the GDP, the
situation is likely to change.

Best Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277