[kictanet] As Facebook and Google collect more data on Africans, their governments will seek to exploit that — Quartz

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Feb 20 05:33:17 EAT 2017

Listers

The trend towards less internet privacy is spreading the world over. Western Countries unfortunately have been at the forefront of this worrying trend. Africa is simply catching up. Does this mean that we in Africa should simply give up and let our governments across the continent borrow a dark leaf from their counterparts in Europe and the US (as a lister seemed to suggest last week)?

Let us continue to be vigilant and if we are unable to stop them let us at least shine a light on those who will strive to limit our freedoms in the name of 'National Security'.

https://qz.com/914708/as-facebook-and-google-collect-more-data-on-africans-their-governments-will-seek-to-exploit-that/

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad