[kictanet] Press Statement By CA on DMS - rev 1.doc

Wambua, Christopher Wambua at ca.go.ke
Sat Feb 18 12:56:53 EAT 2017

Listers,

CA has no interested in snooping on your private communication. What would we gain from that!  We are not a law enforcement agency in the strict sense of the word.

The system is a central database containing models of all type approved  (by CA) and genuine mobile devices (GSMA), and handsets imported legally into the Country (KRA) and a blacklist of stolen handsets.

The mobile networks will query this database before providing service in microseconds. Phones and devices  that do not meet the cut will be denied service.

In brief that's how the system works.

In respect to privacy, CA has imposed a licence condition on all service providers to respect the privacy of users as one of the mechanisms of promoting consumer welfare. Listers should therefore rest assured that privacy of services users at the heart of our regulatory work.

Sent from my iPhone