[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Govt to start phone tapping in war on counterfeit trade - Daily Nation

BRIGHT GAMELI brightzeed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:09:33 EAT 2017

A lot of clarification is needed on this as to what exactly the government
will be fetching from the MNOs.

Is it calls, texts, IMSIs, IMEIs etc
And if so what will the CA be doing with all those to be able to determine
what a rogue phone is and what is not.

I mean people are still doing sim swaps and making things look legit.
Terrorists are buying phones and registering sim cards looking legit with
the look of things.

I am really curious as to how this is going to help the public other than
infringing privacy.

~ze3D~

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Ngigi Waithaka via kictanet <