[kictanet] Ensure that Kenya, is getting a fair deal

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 22:16:08 EAT 2017

Bureaucrats favor big/fat contracts & "establishments" ... innovators favor
creativity.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/kenyas-Sh43-billion-US-arms-deal-at-risk/1056-3815984-format-xhtml-h6f6ylz/index.html

IOMAX, a company based in the congressman's own district, can deliver to
Kenya a more appropriate and proven type of aircraft for $283 million less
than L-3's price, Mr Budd said.

“We need to ensure that Kenya, a long-time ally, is getting a fair deal,
and that veteran-owned small businesses in our state aren’t getting shut
out of competition because of government favouritism towards giant
contractors,” the congressman declared.